Laona M. Kitchen Foundation Charity Golf Tournament at BridgeMill, GA.
Dementia Care Seminar
7th Annual Alzheimer's Music Fest in Woodstock, GA.
2018 Annual Culture Change Network of Georgia Summit Person-Centered Palliative Care: Be the Bridge (6 CEUs)
Quarterly Meeting for Georgia Alzheimer's and Related Dementias (GARD) State Collaboration (see GARD for details)
Live Seminar with Teepa Snow:
Reframing the Challenge of Living with Dementia by Exploring the Six Pieces of the Puzzle: Working to Create a Dementia Competent Community
Teepa Snow Care Partner Support Series begins.
World Elder Abuse Awareness Day
March 6 – 8, 2018:
“If you laugh a lot when you get older, your wrinkles will be in the right places”....
Don’t miss this premiere Edu-Entertainment event as we “spotlight” the value of humor, creativity, and music as a means for living and coping with dementia.
● 30 Rock’s star Jack McBrayer interview with 3 experts living well with early onset dementia: Brian Kursonis, Robert Bowles, and Brian LeBlanc
● A hilarious and inspirational improv comedy experience hosted by Atlanta’s Carolyn Cook
● Karen Stobbe, Mondy Carter and Tom Chalmers’ improv fundamentals for life and caregiving
● Short and long form sketch comedy from talent Ashley Ward, Rob Poynter, Nick Gibbons, Amber Nash, Mark Kendall, John Mangan, and Tommy Futch
● Musical guests Atlanta Celli and Vince Zangaro
Dementia Spotlight Foundation envisions a world that does not fear dementia.We see instead, communities supporting the needs of individuals and families living with a changing brain. With a focus on LIFE before loss, RIGHTS before research, and CARE before cure, Dementia Spotlight is dedicated to changing perspective and illuminating lives through artistic and experiential education. Dementia Spotlight Foundation's EIN is 81-2433400. Ticket donations qualify as a charitable contribution.
AJC article: http://buzz.blog.ajc.com/2017/06/20/jack-mcbrayer/