Scholarships: These programs provide funding for Georgia Residents who have a passion to understand dementia as a life condition, and desire to pass along their acquired knowledge for the greater good of supporting other individuals and families in their local community.
Objective of Scholarship
The Dementia Spotlight Foundation Scholarship Program has been developed with the vision to provide funding to individuals who have a:
- desire to learn about current tools and strategies available to assist in caring for people diagnosed with dementia and/or family members
- desire to contribute to making their community dementia mindful and responsive
- desire to share their acquired knowledge with co-workers and/or family members
The objective of this scholarship is to provide financial aid to an applicant that is enrolled to attend a training seminar, class or workshop on dementia related topics at an approved training facility that awards CEU units and/or certifications.
To qualify for the scholarship the applicant must:
- have working knowledge of dementia
- have a minimum of 2 years of work experience
- be able to commit to attend and complete all aspects of the training program that the funding is provided for
- be willing to commit to the Post Scholarship Spotlight Pledge
- be currently working or providing assistance to individuals with dementia
Post Scholarship Spotlight Pledge
In support of Dementia Spotlight Foundation’s mission the Spotlight Pledge is to
And the recipient of this scholarship will:
- Mentor and provide assistance to fellow caregiver(s) and/or family member(s)
- Assist with a Dementia Spotlight Foundation event or fundraiser
- Practice and apply the goals that are achieved in the training program
- Be an active supporter of standards of care for people experiencing dementia
Educational Institute / Trainer
The educational institute and/or the Trainer must be certified and or approved by Dementia Spotlight Foundation. Awarded Scholarship funds will be made directly to the educational institute/trainer.
Grants determinations can vary and be up to 70% (with a max $1000) of the cost of the training course (does not include materials, supplies, travel costs, lodging or food). The applicant will be required to cover the remainder of the costs. Dementia Spotlight Foundation is available to assist in fundraising of the additional costs, should the applicant wish to do so. A recipient of a grant will not awarded multiple scholarship grants. Grant determinations will be made via email and telephone to the recipients.
March 10, 2018
September 10, 2018
Application Submission Dates
February 1 - February 28, 2018
August 1 - August 31, 2018
To apply, click here.